Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sexy Mashed Potatoes.

So I was inspired to come up with his one because my best friend in High School ( actually he was out of High School at the time but I digress.) He came up with a recipe called Sexual Chicken. I kid you not it was such a yummy dish. He played it up very well mind you. He would cook and serve this to me and my then boyfriend ( who is now my hubby). So Greg your my inspiration.

Before proceeding I need to state that if you are dieting, thinking about a diet, heard about a diet or even say the word diet when making this you have just ruined the experience.

I should also state that this is a recipe for a large family, namely mine. 6 kids eat a lot of mashed potatoes.

1 10lb bag of russet potatoes peeled
6 qt or more of GOOD chicken stock.
2 sticks butter
1 tub sour cream FULL FAT LADIES.
1lb bacon cooked and crumbled.
chopped scallions ( I use three)
1 head of roasted garlic mashed into a paste.
pinch of salt and pepper. ( to be more accurate salt to taste)
1lb cheddar cheese shredded and seperated.

To begin cut up potatoes in cubes roughly the same size. Put stock on to boil and cook potatoes in stock until they reach desired doneness. Drain off stock and reserve. It makes an excellent potato soup for another day. Put potatoes back on burner and let the excess liquid evaporate away. This is an important step for the perfect mashed potatoes.

Add in 1 stick of butter and begin to mash . Add some stock from the pot as necessary to ensure creamy potatoes. Add more butter as needed as well as stock. You will notice I do not use milk. I have found that sometimes milk can give the potatoes a mouth feel that is not pleasant. Add in the sour cream and garlic paste and blend to desired consistency.
TASTE. Add salt and pepper if needed. ( It will be needed)
Add in bacon , scallions and half of the cheese. Do not taste or you will eat the whole bowl. Place in a 9x13 greased pan and top with remaining cheese and put in oven just till melted. These potatoes are something to behold. Not your mommas mashed potatoes.

give them a try and let me know. I will put up my potato soup recipe soon.

5 comments:

Skot the Fabulous said...

not to be mean, but how are these sexy? if it was a whole pan for me to take to the bedroom i can understand.....

and no that is not to make love to the potatoes!!!!

Skot the Fabulous said...

p.s. the reason Greg called it sexual chicken was to help create the atmosphere. I think.

Mrs.Flabby and Unfabulous said...

I know dear but these potatoes while not necessarily about atmosphere they certainly feel good in all the right ways.

Homemaker said...

Umm...these are YUMMY! I love the roasted garlic. I had no scallions or bacon. I know, I know. But I probably would've died if I had included those.

Where's the Potato Soup Recipe? My stock is waiting.

~Erin (Debra's Friend).

Mrs.Flabby and Unfabulous said...

recipe posted! I hope you like it!
thank you for reading! WOOHOO I have a reader..lol